Additional Registration Options
For the 2013 season, The New Jersey Marathon is offering the following additional options to help make your event as easy and stress-free as possible.
Proxy Packet Pickup & Delivery Service
Volunteers will pick up your race packet at the Expo and have it ready for you on Sunday morning, near the start line. Race Packets include your racing bib, timing chip, as well as your technical shirt.
- Only advanced reservations will guarantee that packets will be available on race day.
- Registration for this service is only available online (credit card only) at a cost of $25.00.
- This service is limited to 650 registrations.
- Sign up for this service will close on April 28th.
Important Information: This Packet Pick-Up opens at 5:00 am in the Monmouth Park Racetrack Grand Stand (next to the start line). Make sure to bring your drivers license and signed waiver (will be emailed to you in April). Volunteers will be giving you your Goody bag, Bib, & T-Shirt after confirming your ID and collecting your signed waiver.
For additional information about the Proxy Packet Pickup and Delivery Service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guaranteed Finish Area Parking
This year The New Jersey Marathon has decided to rent a parking area at Seven Presidents Park, just north of the Finish Area, to accommodate athletes who cannot wait for busing back to Central Parking at Monmouth Park, or to offer runners a guaranteed place to park near the finish line. To see a map of Seven Presidents Park and its proximity to the Finish Area, view this map.
Reasons to rent a parking slot here:
- Convenience of location: Easily finish and leave, especially for the Half Marathoners and Relayers who can avoid waiting for the return shuttles
- Close proximity to the course: Cheer your friends and family on around mile 9, and again as they cross the finish line!
- Close proximity to the finish line, where Brian Kirk and the Jirks will be playing, and experience the excitement of thousands of people fulfilling their dreams as they cross the finish line
- Parking lot and Finish Area are just north of Pier Village, where you can cheer your family/friends at miles 12.7 (half) and 26 (full), or have a great meal at one of the fabulous restaurants, or go shopping at the many boutiques.
A guaranteed parking slot in Seven Presidents Park costs $15 per vehicle. You have the option of having your parking pass mailed to you (if ordered by 4/26), or picked up during the expo.
For additional information about Guaranteed Finish Area Parking, please email email@example.com.
Special Race Day Morning Train
As with previous years, in an effort to reduce traffic on race day, we are renting a 1000 person capacity New Jersey Transit train that will leave from NY Penn Station at 5:00 am, and will make the following stops:
- NY Penn Station (leaving @ 5:00 am)
- Newark Penn Station (5:14 am)
- Rahway (5:28 am)
- Matawan (5:49 am)
- Middletown (5:57 am)
- Monmouth Park Station (arriving at 6:06 am)
Please Note: Signup for this service is only available online (credit card only) at a cost of $10.00 per person, and is limited to 1000 registrations. This train schedule will not appear on any published NJ Transit schedule. It is a special train for The New Jersey Marathon and associated races, and is available for our athletes, supporters, and volunteers. Tickets for the train with be mailed to you a few weeks prior to Race Day if purchased no late than 4/26, otherwise all tickets must be picked up at the expo.
Please Also Note: Anyone taking this train should plan to be at the station 10 minutes prior to the listed time for that station. The train will not stop at any station if there are no passengers visible. Therefore, it may run ahead of the schedule listed above on May 5th. Also, you cannot exit this train with a bicycle or wheelchair at Monmouth Park Station, as there is no raised platform at that location.
Finally: This is a one-way train. To return home, you must use one of the normally scheduled trains that depart from Long Branch station (within walking distance from the finish line, about 7/10th of a mile) at six minutes past every hour. (12:06, 1:06, etc.).
For additional information about the NJ Marathon Train, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.