The New Jersey Marathon
Sunday, April 27, 2014
Point-to-point course with beautiful ocean views!!
Run through the diverse neighborhoods and business districts of Oceanport, Monmouth Beach, Long Branch, Deal, Allenhurst, Loch Arbour, Asbury Park & Ocean Grove. This scenic fast and flat course has been very popular with both runners and spectators alike.
Marathon: 26.2 miles (42.2 kilometers)
The New Jersey Marathon is a USAT&F-certified marathon, (a great Boston Qualifier!)
Click here to see the 2014 Boston Qualifying times.
2013 Registration Fees:
- $85.00 - until 09/06/12
- $95.00 - from 09/07/12 thru 11/29/12
- $100.00 - from 11/30/12 thru 12/31/12
- $110.00 - from 01/01/13 thru 01/31/13
- $120.00 - from 02/01/13 thru 02/28/13
- $130.00 - from 03/01/13 thru 03/31/13
- $140.00 - from 04/01/13 thru 04/28/13
- $150.00 - on 05/03/13 and 05/04/13 at the Health & Fitness Expo
On-line Registration will remain open until either we sell out, or until 04/28/2013. If we don't sell out, we will be accepting last-minute applications for the full and half marathons at the race expo (no new relay teams can be created after registration closes on 04/28/2013).
Registration Changes and Deferrals:
Information about switching events and deferrals can be found on our FAQ page.
New Jersey Marathon: wheelchair athletes will start @ 8:00 am, followed in waves by the rest of the field in their assigned corrals.
In Monmouth Park, on Park Rd., at 175 Oceanport Ave., Oceanport, NJ 07757, across the street from central parking.
On the Long Branch Ocean Promenade, north of Pier Village and the Ocean Place Resort & Spa.
Important Information for all Participants:
- All full marathoners must complete the course with a chip time of 6 hours and 30 minutes or less (approx. pace of 15 mins/mile).
- All full marathoners must complete the first 11.5 miles in 3 hours or less (chip time).
- All full marathoners who are not past the 11.5 mile mark in less than 3 hours will be instructed to leave the course. Certain parts of the course will begin to open to traffic and on-course support will begin to shut down at that time.
- Due to damage from Hurricane Sandy, the full marathon course is unable to accommodate athletes in wheelchairs this year.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation in making the New Jersey Marathon a safe and positive experience for everyone!
Course Map for the 2013 New Jersey Marathon
View Large Course Map
To give yourself an extra boost toward meeting your time goal, or just to add some fun and entertainment to your race, consider joining one of our pacing teams!
Typical Race Day Weather:
The Long Branch area normally sees cool to moderate temperatures on the day of the race. Early May temperatures average between 38 F and 60 F (temperature is generally in the mid-50's to high 60's F). Be prepared for: rain, fog and bright sunshine as the weather at the Jersey Shore can be quite variable at this time of year.
Age requirements for the Marathon - at least 18 years old, and Half Marathon - at least 14 years old. Age requirements are based on regulations by the International Marathon Medical Directors Association (IMMDA). For further information and background, see: IMMDA Advisory Statement on Children and Marathoning. Anyone caught entering a false date of birth on their registration form will have their registration canceled without refund.
Packet pickup will be held on Friday and Saturday at the Health & Fitness Expo.
On the Course:
A large number of portable toilets will be available at the Start / Finish Area and along the course at or very near every fluid station. Please DO NOT relieve yourself on either private or public property along the course. Use the Portable Toilets!
The New Jersey Marathon is very proud of the volunteer support from the many surrounding seashore towns that supply EMT ambulances along the course as well as the volunteer medical personnel from Monmouth Medical Center who will staff our Med Tents.
Our planned medical support will entail the following:
- A Med Tent just a short distance from the Finish Line.
- A large medical facility adjoining our Finish Area to deal with serious issues.
- Scattered throughout the course, at strategic locations, will be mobile EMT ambulances.
Whether it's blisters, cramping or other medical problems, our trained EMT's will be there to assist you.
A special THANKS to our many bicyclists who, as our "eyes and ears", will be patrolling our course in multiple sectors to both assist and seek assistance as needed!
We will be using chip timing again this year, with mats at the Start / Finish Areas and also at multiple other points on the course.
Timing clocks, with mile markers, will be placed at each mile along the course.
Gatorade-Endurance Formula (lemon-lime) will be available again this year at each of our Fluid Stations. Gatorade will be served first at each station with water served second.
Fluid Station Locations:
Most Fluid Stations are less than 2 miles apart and will be staffed by many service organizations and Volunteers from some of the various NJ Marathon Charity Beneficiaries.
GU energy gels (jet blackberry and vanilla bean) will be available at three locations between miles 13 and 22. Please be prepared to carry your own favorite gel packs that you have been training with, and only take the GU if that's what you've been using during your training. We will have over 7,000 gel packs on the course.
Bananas will be available at three locations between miles 13 and 22.
The New Jersey Marathon Festival organizers STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you DO NOT use your headphones during the races, for safety reasons. We all need to be aware of our surroundings, which include fellow runners and the possibility of errant traffic on the course. We believe that there will be many distractions along the course including: spectators, bands and the scenery! Kettle bells are also not permitted.
- Overall - Top 3 (Male & Female)
- Age 18 and 19 - Top 3 (Male & Female)
- 5-year Age Groups - Top 3 (Male & Female)
- Ages 20-69 (10 total groupings)
- Ages 70 & Older - Top 5 (Male & Female)